St John’s Priory School is set in the original Grade II listed Priory close to Banbury Cross and retains its historic charm. The Priory dates from around mid 19th century with earlier origins, probably incorporating the medieval remains of the 13th century hospital of St John the Baptist.
The school’s origins can be traced back to June 1847 when a girls’ convent school was founded by Geneviève Dupuis. During her lifetime Geneviève Dupuis founded the Sisters Charity of St Paul the Apostle and opened 88 convents where the Sisters ministered in the fields of education, health and child care as well as parish work.
Since 1990 St John’s Priory School has been in private ownership and is now a non denominational day Preparatory school for boys and girls aged 3 – 11.
In April 2011, the Priory was taken into new and local ownership. Giorgio Mystkowski and Karl Durham, two local businessmen with long standing family connections to the area, acquired St John’s Priory School.
The school’s Joint Proprietor, Giorgio Mystkowski, can be contacted through the school office.